“You get what you pay for”
The geothermal system is considered the leading heating and cooling system available in the world to date. The question is whether it is worth the cost to install it. To answer this question, we must first ask ourselves:
What features make Geothermal System being considered the leading heating and cooling system?
- Savings: Up to 75% compared to any other heating-cooling system.Η διάρκεια ζωής
- Lifespan : of up to 30 years (twice that of the Air Source Heat Pump).
- Performance: Always stable up to 400%.
- Maintenance cost: No maintenance required(for Closed Loop systems).
- Environmental footprint: Almost zero CO2 emissions.
So one can easily conclude that the cost of a geothermal system is proportional to its value and what it offers to its user. Therefore when we talk about geothermal energy and its cost, we have to take into account all the elements and not just the initial installation cost. For example if one does the math and takes into account the installation, operation and maintenance costs based on 15years for both geothermal and air source heat pump then one will come to the conclusion that Geothermal costs less.
So, with energy prices constantly rising, it would be a very interesting question whether geothermal could be a right choice for heating and cooling of our buildings.